James Sprunt Community College offers a comprehensive program of student financial aid to assist students in meeting educational expenses. Reasonable educational expenses constitute the student's educational budget. Expenses included in the student's educational budget are tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies, transportation, miscellaneous personal expenses, and expenses related to maintenance of a student's dependents.
The student financial aid program at James Sprunt Community College is administered according to the nationally accepted principle that the family (meaning parents or those acting in place of parents, the student, and/or spouse) is responsible for a student's educational expenses. Financial aid is available to fill the "gap" between the total cost of education and the amount the family can reasonably be expected to contribute.
Direct Loans to Students Are No Longer Available
JSCC will no longer participate in the William D. Ford Loan Program beginning the 2013/14 academic year. Please read the attached memo from JSCC's President, Dr. Lawrence Rouse regarding this decision.
October 2, 2014
October 16, 2014
November 20, 2014
December 11, 2014
Anticipated Refund Dates for Spring Semester 2015:
February 19, 2015
March 5, 2015
April 9, 2015
April 30, 2015
Financial Aid now has a new direct fax line. The number is 910-296-1314. Or contact the Financial Aid Office at 296-2502.
Important Changes for Financial Aid
James Sprunt Community College will implement deadlines for Admissions and Financial Aid.
*****EFFECTIVE FALL 2014*****
NO PROMISSORY NOTES WILL BE ISSUED.
If your financial aid has not been AWARDED by Registration Day, you will be responsible for payment of your tuition and books.
The following financial aid deadlines have been set for each semester:
Fall - June 1st
Spring - November 1st
Summer - April 1st
If additional documentation is required for financial aid, you will be notified by student email. Submit your information as soon as possible to avoid processing delays.
Check your student email often.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing your financial aid documentation.
- Steps to Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA Online
- FAFSA "How To" Video
- Types of Financial Aid
- Understanding Your Awards
- Know Your Enrollment Status
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Lifetime Eligibility Used
- Developmental Hours Limit
- Financial Aid Calculator
- Frequently Asked Questions
- JSCC Verification Policy
Links to Outside ScholarshipsGolden Leaf Scholars Program
Financial Aid Related Forms 2014-2015
1.) Some forms are to be notarized and must be signed in the presence of the notary.
2.) All forms are to be completed by the student. Handwriting will be verified.
- 2014 - 2015 Financial aid Suspension Appeal Form
- 2014 - 2015 Authorization to Release Education Record Information
- 2014 - 2015 Employment Verification Form
- 2014 - 2015 Marital Status Form
- 2014 - 2015 Parent Information Form
- 2014 - 2015 Signature Record
- 2014 - 2015 Tax Filing Status
- 2014 - 2015 Bachelor Degree Not Received
- 2014 - 2015 Statement of Educational Purpose and Certification of Identity
- 2014 - 2015 High School Completion Verification
- 2014 - 2015 Household Verification Form
- 2014 - 2015 Verification of Low Income Form
- 2014 - 2015 Proof of Child Support Paid Form
- 2014 - 2015 Proof of Dependent Support Form
- 2014 - 2015 Proof of Other Income Form
- 2014 - 2015 SNAP Benefit Verification Form
- 2014 - 2015 Special Circumstances Appeal Form
- 2014 - 2015 Unusual Enrollment History Worksheet