James Sprunt Community College offers a comprehensive program of student financial aid to assist students in meeting educational expenses. Reasonable educational expenses constitute the student's educational budget. Expenses included in the student's educational budget are tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies, transportation, miscellaneous personal expenses, and expenses related to maintenance of a student's dependents.
The student financial aid program at James Sprunt Community College is administered according to the nationally accepted principle that the family (meaning parents or those acting in place of parents, the student, and/or spouse) is responsible for a student's educational expenses. Financial aid is available to fill the "gap" between the total cost of education and the amount the family can reasonably be expected to contribute.
Direct Loans to Students Are No Longer Available
JSCC will no longer participate in the William D. Ford Loan Program beginning the 2013/14 academic year. Please read the attached memo from JSCC's President, Dr. Lawrence Rouse regarding this decision.
February 18, 2016
March 31, 2016
April 28, 2016
The following financial aid priority deadlines have been set for each semester:
Fall: July 1st
Spring: December 1st
Summer: April 1st
These are priority deadlines. You can complete your FAFSA after these deadlines, however, the financial aid office cannot guarantee that your FAFSA will be processed in time to pay for your tuition.
If additional documentation is required for financial aid, you will be notified by student email and postal mail. Submit your information as soon as possible to avoid processing delays. Your financial aid is not complete until ALL documentation has been received by the financial aid office.
Check your student email often.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing your financial aid documentation.
- Steps to Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA Online
- FAFSA "How To" Video
- Types of Financial Aid
- Understanding Your Awards
- Know Your Enrollment Status
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Lifetime Eligibility Used
- Developmental Hours Limit
- Net Price Calculator
- Frequently Asked Questions
- JSCC Verification Policy
- GPA Calculator
2015-16 SECU "People Helping People" Scholarship Deadline: July 23rd @ Noon
Wells Fargo Scholarship
Deadline: February 8th, 2016
Herring Scholarship Application Deadline: March 15, 2016
Academic Scholarship Deadline: March 15, 2016
Links to Outside Scholarships
Financial Aid Related Forms 2015-2016
- 2015-16 Bachelor Degree Form
- 2015-16 Dependency Override Form
- 2015-16 FAFSA Sheet
- 2015-16 FAFSA Signature Page
- 2015-16 Financial Aid Suspension Appeal Form (SAP)
- 2015-16 Household Verification Form
- 2015-16 Marital Status Form
- 2015-16 Professional Judgement Form
- 2015-16 Proof of Child Support Paid Form
- 2015-16 Proof of Dependent Support
- 2015-16 Proof of Homelessness
- 2015-16 SNAP Verification
- 2015-16 Statement of Educational Purpose & Identity
- 2015-16 Tax Filing Status Form
- 2015-16 Unusual Enrollment
- 2015-16 Verification of Low Income Form