James Sprunt Community College offers a comprehensive program of student financial aid to assist students in meeting educational expenses. Reasonable educational expenses constitute the student's educational budget. Expenses included in the student's educational budget are tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies, transportation, miscellaneous personal expenses, and expenses related to maintenance of a student's dependents.
The student financial aid program at James Sprunt Community College is administered according to the nationally accepted principle that the family (meaning parents or those acting in place of parents, the student, and/or spouse) is responsible for a student's educational expenses. Financial aid is available to fill the "gap" between the total cost of education and the amount the family can reasonably be expected to contribute.
Direct Loans to Students Are No Longer Available
JSCC will no longer participate in the William D. Ford Loan Program beginning the 2013/14 academic year. Please read the attached memo from JSCC's President, Dr. Lawrence Rouse regarding this decision.
February 19, 2015
March 5, 2015
April 9, 2015
April 30, 2015
CFNC.org/FAFSAday JSCCs annual FAFSA day will be February 28th, 2015.
Important Changes for Financial Aid
James Sprunt Community College will implement deadlines for Admissions and Financial Aid.
*****EFFECTIVE FALL 2014*****
NO PROMISSORY NOTES WILL BE ISSUED.
If your financial aid has not been AWARDED (check Web Advisor) by Registration Day, you will be responsible for payment of your tuition and books.
The following financial aid priority deadlines have been set for each semester:
Fall: July 1st
Spring: December 1st
Summer: April 1st
These are priority deadlines. You can complete your FAFSA after these deadlines, however, the financial aid office cannot guarantee that your FAFSA will be processed in time to pay for your tuition.
If additional documentation is required for financial aid, you will be notified by student email and postal mail. Submit your information as soon as possible to avoid processing delays. Your financial aid is not complete until ALL documentation has been received by the financial aid office.
Check your student email often.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing your financial aid documentation.
- Steps to Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA Online
- FAFSA "How To" Video
- Types of Financial Aid
- Understanding Your Awards
- Know Your Enrollment Status
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Lifetime Eligibility Used
- Developmental Hours Limit
- Financial Aid Calculator
- Frequently Asked Questions
- JSCC Verification Policy
2015 Spring Golden Leaf Scholars Program
Deadline: March 30th @ Noon
2015 Spring Wells Fargo Scholarship
Deadline: February 1st @ Noon
2015-16 SECU "People Helping People" Scholarship
Deadline: July 23rd @ Noon
2015-16 Golden Leaf Scholarship for Transfer
Deadline: March 1st
Forgivable Education Loans
Deadline: April 1st
Links to Outside Scholarships
Financial Aid Related Forms 2014-2015
1.) Some forms are to be notarized and must be signed in the presence of the notary.
2.) All forms are to be completed by the student. Handwriting will be verified.
- 2014 - 2015 Financial aid Suspension Appeal Form
- 2014 - 2015 Authorization to Release Education Record Information
- 2014 - 2015 Employment Verification Form
- 2014 - 2015 Marital Status Form
- 2014 - 2015 Parent Information Form
- 2014 - 2015 Signature Record
- 2014 - 2015 Tax Filing Status
- 2014 - 2015 Bachelor Degree Not Received
- 2014 - 2015 Statement of Educational Purpose and Certification of Identity
- 2014 - 2015 High School Completion Verification
- 2014 - 2015 Household Verification Form
- 2014 - 2015 Verification of Low Income Form
- 2014 - 2015 Proof of Child Support Paid Form
- 2014 - 2015 Proof of Dependent Support Form
- 2014 - 2015 Proof of Other Income Form
- 2014 - 2015 SNAP Benefit Verification Form
- 2014 - 2015 Special Circumstances Appeal Form
2014 - 2015 Unusual Enrollment History Worksheet